The chart above shows the net worth of the billionaires of each region divided by the population of said region. The Northern EU has almost double the per capita net worth of billionaires of the next leading region.
- The difference between the region with the highest per total capita net worth, the Northern EU, and the region with the lowest, the Eastern EU, is $8,459.59.
- The Northern EU has 20.05 times the per total capita billionaire net worth that the Eastern EU does.
- The Northern and Western EU each have a higher per total capita billionaire net worth than each individual state in the Eastern EU.
- Billionaire data is from 2018.
- Population data is from 2011.
- All figures are rounded to the nearest hundredth.
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, and Slovenia do not have a single billionaire.
- The Northern EU consists of Sweden, Denmark, and Finland.
- The Western EU consists of Germany, United Kingdom, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Ireland, and Luxembourg.
- The Southern EU consists of Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, and Malta.
- The Eastern EU consists of Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Slovenia, Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia.
Although the Western EU has the highest net worth of billionaires, it ranks second when population is taken into account. The Northern EU, which in this metric is first, ranks third when it comes to total billionaire net worth.
The Eastern EU is the only region that only has one state with a per total capita billionaire net worth of over $500, that state being the Czech Republic. The Northern EU, on the other hand, is the only region without a single state that has a per total capita billionaire net worth of less than $2,500.
Eurostat. 2017. "Population on 1 January by Age Groups and Sex - Functional Urban Areas." Accessed December 11, 2017. http://appsso.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/nui/show.do?dataset=urb_lpop1&lang=en.
Forbes. 2018. "The World's Billionaires List." Accessed October 2, 2018. https://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/21/#version:static.