The New York papers are known for their ability to convey the day's most significant news in an eloquent and pithy manner. We here at Dateline Headline will be comparing the headlines of the major New York papers and keep a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero to ten points. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page. Can you do better than the New York papers? Place your headline of the day below.
Newsday and the Daily News covered today's storm. The Post covered something ridiculous. The broadsheets covered actual news.
5. New York Post - CASH POOR / Yank GM's $1M to ex / EXCLUSIVE
One of two nonsensical headlines in the Post this morning. Points awarded: 0.
4. Newsday - WITH STORM SET TO HIT / LIPA GIVES UP CONTROL / National Grid will handle emergency response
A storm not named Sandy. Points for meter. Points awarded: 2.
3. Daily News - HOLY PLOW! City braces for up to 18 inches
Holy hyperbole. Anyway, made me smile, so here are some points. Points awarded: 4.
2. The New York Times - SENATORS PRESS CHOICE FOR C.I.A. ON USE OF DRONES / CONFIRMATION HEARING / Review Set for Proposed Tribunal to Oversee Targeted Killings
It is as if the weather is not news. Points for covering something significant. Points awarded: 4.
1. The Wall Street Journal - Obama Blocked Rebel Arms / White House Opposed Pentagon, CIA, State Plan to Ship Weapons to Syrian Resistance
Wow, finally a sane foreign policy decision comes out of Washington. Points awarded: 4.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||4||70|
|New York Post||0||54|
|The New York Times||4||50|
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~