New York Dailies Cannot Agree on What Is News
The New York papers are known for their ability to convey the day's most significant news in an eloquent and pithy manner. We here at Dateline Headline will be comparing the headlines of the major New York papers and keep a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero to ten points. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page. Can you do better than the New York papers? Place your headline of the day below.
All five New York dailies covered different stories today. And judging by some of the headlines, it is the slowest of slow news days.
5. New York Post - EXCLUSIVE / COPS CUFF MR. BIG / Boy, 7, busted in $5 school money theft
Can you imagine how much trouble people that stole billions would be in this world? Points awarded: 0.
4. Newsday - MENACE ON SOUTHERN STATE / DEADLY DRIVING
Newsday just discovered that nobody on Long Island knows how to drive. Points awarded: 1.
3. The Wall Street Journal - Egypt Is Warned of 'Collapse' / Military Chief Signals That Army Could Act to End Unrest Sweeping Country
Points being informative and covering real news. Points awarded: 2.
2. The New York Times - President Urges Speed On Immigration Plan, But Exposes Conflicts
Points for meter and covering real news. Points awarded: 2.
1. Daily News - Is this the bombshell evidence that proves A-Rod lied about juicing? If so, just . . . GO A-WAY
Sports. Points awarded: 2.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||2||54|
|New York Post||0||45|
|The New York Times||2||36|