The Hurricane that Will Not Go Away
The New York papers are known for their ability to convey the day's most significant news in an eloquent and pithy manner. We here at Dateline Headline will be comparing the headlines of the major New York papers and keep a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero to ten points. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page. Can you do better than the New York papers? Place your headline of the day below.
Do not even bother checking today's headlines. There is nothing there.
5. New York Post - SUGAR BADDY / Realty titan in Web sex schocker
Must be a slow news day. Points awarded: 0.
4. Daily News - CRIME RIB / Tourist forgets wallet, spends night in jail over $208 steakhouse tab
Definitely a slow news day. Points awarded: 0.
3. Newsday - SANDY COSTS SLAM LIPA
Hurricane Sandy, that happened like forever ago. Points awarded: 1.
2. The New York Times - TOWNS' NEXT HIT FROM HURRICANE IS TO TAX REVENUE / PROPERTY VALUES DROP
Yawn. Points awarded: 1.
1. The Wall Street Journal - SEC Nominee Signals Shift / Obama Taps Ex-Prosecutor Mary Jo White, Portending Increased Policing of Wall Street
Beware banksters. Points awarded: 2.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||2||48|
|New York Post||0||37|
|The New York Times||1||32|