Cop Socks Homeless Man
The New York papers are known for their ability to convey the day's most significant news in an eloquent and pithy manner. We here at Dateline Headline will be comparing the headlines of the major New York papers and keep a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero points for not even bothering to show up to ten points for the headline nobody can top. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page. Can you do better than the New York papers? Place your headline of the day below.
The Daily News and New York Post finally deliver decent headlines. This helps the Daily News move up in the rankings.
5. Newsday - Sandy's Toll on LI Economy / $10 Billion
When there is no news to cover. Points awarded: 0.
4. The Wall Street Journal - Obama's Cliff Offer Spurned
Covering the political soap opera. Points awarded: 1.
3. The New York Times - U.N., in Blow to U.S., Heightens the Status of Palestine
Has to get points for being the only one that has actual news as its headline. Points awarded: 2.
2. New York Post - Stop & Fits / Cop: Why I Bought Homeless Guy Shoes
A play on stop and frisk. Points awarded: 5.
1. Daily News - Heart & Sole / Angel "Boot" Cop: Just Doing My Job
The News delivers a better pun than the Post. Points awarded: 6.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||1||23|
|The New York Times||2||21|
|New York Post||5||13|