Senate Passes Bill, House Plans to Kill
Dateline Headline, a comparison of the headlines of the major New York papers and a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero to ten points. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page.
Newsday goes local. The Daily News leads with a funeral. The New York Post employs a pun. The broadsheets cover the immigration bill in Congress.
5. Daily News - Tears for Tony / THE Sobranos / STARS' FAREWELL TO 'SOPRANOS' ICON JAMES GANDOLFINI
Really? Points awarded: 0.
4. Newsday - DEATH IN POLICE CUSTODY / SUFFOLK FAILED / STATE REPORT: / Cops, DA and medical examiner didn't properly investigate homicide
And Newsday did not properly use the serial comma. Points awarded: 0.
3. New York Post - THIRD DOWN / NFL'er eyed in 2 more murders
Points for the pun. Points awarded: 2.
2. The New York Times - SENATE, 68 TO 32, PASSES OVERHAUL FOR IMMIGRATION / RARE BIPARTISAN EFFORT / Issue Goes to the House, Which Will Look at a Narrower Bill
Points for covering news. Points awarded: 2.
1. The Wall Street Journal - Immigration Bill Clears Senate / Chamber Passes Sweeping Overhaul, but GOP Opposition in House Clouds Outlook
Points for being honest about where this bill is headed. Points awarded: 4.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||4||280|
|The New York Times||2||270|
|New York Post||2||236|