Dateline Headline, a comparison of the headlines of the major New York papers and a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero to ten points. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page.
The New York Post has lost its mind. The Daily News censors itself. While Newsday and the broadsheets cover actual news. The broadsheets both led with the Supreme Court decision on the Voting Rights Act.
5. New York Post - A clueless president . . . / A traitor on the run . . . / And the evil Russian who won't give him up / CZAR WARS / Haven't we seen this movie before?
What the hell? Points awarded: 0.
4. Daily News - Yankees general manager to A-Rod: / SHUT THE F*#% UP! / Cashman's vulgar tirade over star's tweet that he's ready to play
Paper's vulgar headline? Points awarded: 0.
3. Newsday - FEDS PROBE SUFFOLK CHIEF / Investigating whether Burke violated suspect's civil rights, sources say
Chief suspect? Points awarded: 2.
2. The New York Times - JUSTICES VOID OVERSIGHT OF STATES, ISSUE AT THE HEART OF VOTING RIGHTS ACT / OBAMA DISMAYED / Court, in 5-4 Ruling, Says, 'Our Country Has Changed'
The South shall rise again? Points awarded: 2.
1. The Wall Street Journal - Court Upends Voting Rights Act / Justices End Nearly 50 Years of U.S. Oversight of Election Laws in Much of the South
Supremes side with the South? Points awarded: 2.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||2||274|
|The New York Times||2||264|
|New York Post||0||232|