New York Headline Writers Plan to Put the City to Sleep
Dateline Headline, a comparison of the headlines of the major New York papers and a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero to ten points. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page.
The New York Post and The Wall Street Journal lead with Edward Snowden. The Daily News leads with accusations of child abuse by teachers in the city's schools. Newsday covers local news. The New York Times covers the charging of Jon Corzine.
5. Newsday - Nassau DA's finding in '88 Friedman child sex-abuse case: / HE'S STILL GUILTY
Hmm. Points awarded: 0.
4. New York Post - SNOW JOB / Leaker: I took post just to spill secrets
I guess we should be grateful they did not use the word traitor. Points awarded: 0.
3. Daily News - END THIS EVIL NOW / Vic's kin: Protect kids, not sickos
Objectivity. Points awarded: 0.
2. The New York Times - U.S. CIVIL CHARGES AGAINST CORZINE ARE SEEN AS NEAR / TEST FOR EX-GOVERNOR / Suit Centers on Misuse of Customer Funds at MF Global
Funny how this took forever, but Snowden is charged instantly. Also note the use of misuse instead of theft. Points awarded: 0.
1. The Wall Street Journal - U.S. Talks Tough on Leaker / Washington Rips Beijing, Warns Moscow; Snowden Case a Diplomatic Test for Obama
Speak softly . . . Points awarded: 0.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||0||272|
|The New York Times||0||262|
|New York Post||0||232|