Dateline Headline, a comparison of the headlines of the major New York papers and a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero to ten points. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page.
The New York Post and The New York Times both lead with Edward Snowden. The Daily News leads with an expose on teachers. Newsday focuses on drugs. The Wall Street Journal leads with an overview of Supreme Court decisions.
5. New York Post - COMRADES / Vlad harbors spy as US fumes
Is he harboring the NSA? Points awarded: 0.
4. Daily News - 95 educators accused of creepy misconduct, yet still in schools / WHY CAN'T THEY BE FRIED?
Homeschool? Points awarded: 0.
3. The New York Times - U.S. TRACES PATH AS N.S.A. LEAKER FLEES HONG KONG / WARNS OTHER NATIONS / Snowden Flies to Russia - Asks for Asylum in Ecuador
Let us try going after real criminals. Points awarded: 0.
2. Newsday - NEW LI HEROIN SURGE / Arrests, ODs rise as drug replaces costly pain pills
Trouble in the suburbs. Points awarded: 2.
1. The Wall Street Journal - High Court Comes to the Defense of Business
Well business does own it. Points awarded: 2.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||2||272|
|The New York Times||0||262|
|New York Post||0||232|
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Previously: Fed Fuels FumbleNext: New York Headline Writers Plan to Put the City to Sleep