Dateline Headline, a comparison of the headlines of the major New York papers and a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero to ten points. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page.
The broadsheets lead with the arming of the rebels (who they do not identify as allied with al-Qaeda). Newsday goes cryptic. The New York Post forces a pun. The Daily News covers the wisdom of the City Council.
5. The Wall Street Journal - U.S. to Arm Syrian Rebels / In Shift, Obama Aids Faltering Insurgents, Finds Assad Used Chemical Weapons
Nothing on how we are allied with al-Qaeda now? Points awarded: 0.
4. The New York Times - U.S. IS SAID TO PLAN TO SEND WEAPONS TO SYRIAN REBELS / Administration Says Assad's Troops Used Chemical Arms in the Civil War
Bullshit. Points awarded: 0.
3. Newsday - DEAL ON STATE AID FOR DISABLED / $90M RESTORED / LI lawmaker's plea helps forge pact with Cuomo
What? Points awarded: 0.
2. New York Post - GUILTY, MY ASTOR / Juror flips, pleads to nix verdict
Trying a bit too hard here. Points awarded: 0.
1. Daily News - Buy a fake bag & go to JAIL
The City Council at work. Points awarded: 2.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The New York Times||0||256|
|The Wall Street Journal||0||256|
|New York Post||0||232|