The New York papers are known for their ability to convey the day's most significant news in an eloquent and pithy manner. We here at Dateline Headline will be comparing the headlines of the major New York papers and keep a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero to ten points. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page. Can you do better than the New York papers? Place your headline of the day below.
Five papers, five different leads. The Daily News went with old reliable Mr. Weiner to deliver a pun, the New York Post played on the term "Big Apple," while Newsday covered a local story, The New York Times led with new developments in Syria, and The Wall Street Journal led with the FAA cuts.
5. The Wall Street Journal - Senators Seek Way To Ease FAA Cuts
Good luck with that. Points awarded: 0.
4. Newsday - POWER SWITCH / EXCLUSIVE: Cuomo eyes plan to give NJ company control of LIPA electric system
I love how they slap on exclusive knowing full well that they are the only paper in town. Points awarded: 2.
3. The New York Times - SYRIA CAMPAIGNS TO PERSUADE U.S. TO CHANGE SIDES / PLAYS ON WEST'S FEARS / Lets Foreign Reporters Interview Prisoners It Calls Extremist
Smart move by Assad. Points awarded: 4.
2. New York Post - BIG FAT APPLE / Diabetes crisis grows with NYers' waistlines
Sugar ban time? Points awarded: 4.
1. Daily News - His other texts were just the ... TIP OF THE WEINER / 20? 100? Many more pics 'out there'!
Run Anthony run. Points awarded: 6.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The New York Times||4||190|
|The Wall Street Journal||0||190|
|New York Post||4||188|