The New York papers are known for their ability to convey the day's most significant news in an eloquent and pithy manner. We here at Dateline Headline will be comparing the headlines of the major New York papers and keep a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero to ten points. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page. Can you do better than the New York papers? Place your headline of the day below.
The broadsheets continue to cover serious news like rich people taking all your money and thermonuclear war with Korea, while the tabloids spent this Friday morning with ways to amuse us. The New York Post lets us know what our future visits to the airport will look like, while the Daily News has some fun with a fashion designer. Newsday talks about jobs in Long Island.
5. Newsday - LI JOBS BOUNCE BACK / Island regains all lost during recession, state says, but many new jobs pay less
The fine print is where all the deadly details always are. Points awarded: 2.
4. The Wall Street Journal - Firms Send Record Cash Back to Investors
Stockholders raking in the cash. What about everyone else? Who cares? Not The Wall Street Journal. Points for keeping the rest of us informed. Points awarded: 2.
3. The New York Times - U.N. COUNCIL PUTS MORE SANCTIONS ON NORTH KOREA / KEY BACKING FROM CHINA / Penalty for Nuclear Test - Angry Response From the North
What the hell China? Looking for all out war? Points awarded: 2.
2. New York Post - PANTS DOWN / EXCLUSIVE / Newark trouser 'bomber' slips TSA
While your grandma is being groped by agents, other agents are going through with fake bombs. Points awarded: 4.
1. Daily News - BARK JACOBS / REAL dog hair found in elite designer's faux fur coats
Arf arf arf. Points awarded: 6.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||2||116|
|New York Post||4||90|
|The New York Times||2||88|
Image courtesy of bfishadow.