The New York papers are known for their ability to convey the day's most significant news in an eloquent and pithy manner. We here at Dateline Headline will be comparing the headlines of the major New York papers and keep a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero to ten points. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page. Can you do better than the New York papers? Place your headline of the day below.
The tabloids led with Super Bowl coverage, while Newsday just came to the realization that the insurance industry is a scam. The broadsheets actually covered news, imagine that.
5. Newsday - SANDY VICTIMS WITH FLOOD INSURANCE / NOT PAID IN FULL / 3 months after, nearly half still awaiting final payouts
Newsday, a contemporary newspaper, today realizes that the insurance industry is made up of shysters. Points awarded: 0.
4. Daily News - LIGHTS OUT / Ravens stop Niners / The Dome goes dark / Beyonce is electric!
Something about a ball or a bowl. Complete coverage of the most important event in human history. Points awarded: 0.
3. New York Post - DARK KNIGHTS / Ravens win the Blackout Bowl
Knights are ravens? Points awarded: 0.
2. The New York Times - CUOMO IS SEEKING TO CURB BUILDING IN FLOODED AREA / A $400 MILLION PLAN / U.S. Approval Needed to Buy Out Homes Along Coast
Points for not covering a game. Points awarded: 1.
1. The Wall Street Journal - Senate to Move on Gun Control / Magazine Capacity Likely to Face Limit
Points for meter and covering news. Points awarded: 2.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||2||59|
|New York Post||0||46|
|The New York Times||1||39|