Police Commissioner Points Gun at City
The New York papers are known for their ability to convey the day's most significant news in an eloquent and pithy manner. We here at Dateline Headline will be comparing the headlines of the major New York papers and keep a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero to ten points. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page. Can you do better than the New York papers? Place your headline of the day below.
The broadsheets covered immigration reform. The tabloids were either sabotaged or were completely clueless as to what they were doing. And Newsday led with something that happened in the mystical land of Long Island.
5. Daily News - TOWER OF HATE / EXCLUSIVE: Racist & sexist slurs scrawled all over the new WTC
With pictures of the offending material. Now the entire city gets to read it! Unintentionally spreading a message they supposedly want to quell. Points awarded: 0.
4. The New York Times - SENATORS OFFER A NEW BLUEPRINT FOR IMMIGRATION / A BIPARTISAN PROPOSAL
Lacking any information about the proposal. Points awarded: 0.
3. Newsday - 2 KILLED ON SOUTHERN STATE / DEADLY IMPACT
With a photo of the aftermath. Points awarded: 1.
2. The Wall Street Journal - Immigration Debate Gears Up / Bipartisan Senate Panel Proposes Path to Citizenship; House Support Far From Sure
Points for meter and being informative. Points awarded: 2.
1. New York Post - Handguns worse than assault weapons: Ray / 'THIS IS THE ENEMY'
Accompanied by a picture of Ray Kelly holding a gun. Making it seem like Ray is the enemy. Points for sabotaging the front page. Points awarded: 8.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||2||50|
|New York Post||8||45|
|The New York Times||0||32|