UK Voters to Be Given a Chance to Say, "To Hell with EU"
The New York papers are known for their ability to convey the day's most significant news in an eloquent and pithy manner. We here at Dateline Headline will be comparing the headlines of the major New York papers and keep a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero to ten points. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page. Can you do better than the New York papers? Place your headline of the day below.
The broadsheets covered the Israeli election outcome and the proposal on EU referendum. The tabloids relied on puns to deliver but they still fell flat.
5. Daily News - STAR SPANGLED SCAMMER / Outrage over Beyonce's anthem lip-synch
Weak. Points awarded: 0.
4. New York Post - WRECKS RYAN / Jets coach in car smashup
A play on the coach's first name, which I am told is Rex. Points awarded: 1.
3. Newsday - DEATH AT THE CROSSING
A train hit a car. Accompanied by an image of the aftermath. Points awarded: 1.
2. The Wall Street Journal - U.K. Rethinks Ties to Europe / In surprise Shift, Cameron to Offer Vote on Leaving EU, Fueling Trade Worries
Britain's EU referendum as covered by the Journal. Points awarded: 2.
1. The New York Times - NETANYAHU GETS LUKEWARM VOTE FOR THIRD TERM / OUTCOME IS A REBUKE
On the Israeli elections. Points awarded: 2.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||2||44|
|New York Post||1||37|
|The New York Times||2||26|