The New York papers are known for their ability to convey the day's most significant news in an eloquent and pithy manner. We here at Dateline Headline will be comparing the headlines of the major New York papers and keep a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero points for not even bothering to show up to ten points for the headline nobody can top. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page. Can you do better than the New York papers? Place your headline of the day below.
The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal focus on the Benghazi attack while the tabloids focus on the Newtown shooting.
5. Newsday - LI Polls, Obama Agree: Ban Assault Weapons
Not so much a headline as an order. Points awarded: 1.
4. Daily News - Do Not Betray Them
Over an image of graves. Points awarded: 1.
3. The Wall Street Journal - State Faulted in Libya Attack
The Journal goes with a succinct headline again. Points awarded: 2.
2. The New York Times - Benghazi Panel Strongly Assails State Department Role
Points for meter. Points awarded: 2.
1. New York Post - "Bolt" Action / NY Company Dumping Biz that Makes Massacre Gun
The New York Post and its puns. Points awarded: 4.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||2||41|
|New York Post||4||39|
|The New York Times||2||31|