The New York papers are known for their ability to convey the day's most significant news in an eloquent and pithy manner. We here at Dateline Headline will be comparing the headlines of the major New York papers and keep a running tally of the best. Newspapers will be awarded from zero points for not even bothering to show up to ten points for the headline nobody can top. Click on the headlines to see an image of each paper's front page. Can you do better than the New York papers? Place your headline of the day below.
A day of bland headlines.
5. Newsday - LI's $520 Million Question
Hurricane Sandy continues to excite the headline writers at Newsday. Points awarded: 0.
4. New York Post - Over Easy / "Flip" Wilson Leads Giants in 52-27 Romp
With an image of "Flip" flipping. Points awarded: 1.
3. The Wall Street Journal - Consumer Spending Wobbles
If nobody has money, how can they spend it? Points awarded: 1.
2. The New York Times - Egypt Opposition Seeking Boycott of Charter Vote
What is this, an essay competition? Points for covering something important. Points awarded: 1.
1. Daily News - Sex, Lies, & Power / Indy Party Is Duping Voters to Boost Rolls
Points for luridness? Points awarded: 2.
|Newspaper||Today's Points||Total Points|
|The Wall Street Journal||1||31|
|The New York Times||1||25|
|New York Post||1||20|